SALE｜SAVE UP TO 20%
The last article mentioned that the cracking of solid wood furniture is not a quality problem, but a very common problem, so you don’t have to worry too much. Today we will continue to popularize the remedies and protective measures for cracking solid wood furniture, hoping to help you!
Remedies for cracked furniture
- If the surface of the solid furniture is only slightly cracked, don’t worry too much. You can use the special glue for furniture to slowly drip into the gap, wait until the glue penetrates, and then scrape the surface glue Of course, it cannot damage the surface of the furniture so that no traces can be seen in the gap.
- For the case where the cracking gap is not particularly large, we can mix the alum with clean water into a paste, pour it into the gap, and after it solidifies, sand it with fine sandpaper.
- If there is a relatively large gap on the surface of the solid furniture, the special glue for furniture will not work. It is best to ask a professional master to repair it because the surface needs to be removed, and the Waxing, polishing, and more, they’ll know which option is best for your specific situation, and you can rely on their expertise to get the best results.
Protection measures for solid wood furniture
- First of all, we need to clean it regularly. The furniture is generally heavy and not suitable for moving. We can wipe it with a cloth dampened with water. It is best to use a cotton cloth, and the water should not be too much. , to the right amount, you can also add some cleaners specially designed to prevent solid wood furniture from being corroded.
- Regularly wax the furniture. In general, the furniture will be coated with a layer of paint. Everyone knows that the paint is most likely to fade and crack. To prevent these situations, it is necessary to wax the paint surface, to protect it.
In short, for solid wood furniture, cracking and deformation are common problems. Although this situation cannot be eliminated due to the natural characteristics of wood, as long as we can master the relevant knowledge, and choose and use solid wood furniture reasonably, we must minimize its probability.
Browse our list of products and tips on how to deal with cracked solid wood furniture to ensure your furniture stays in top condition. In the next issue, we will popularize the history of aluminum furniture for you, and look forward to seeing you again!
Shop the furniture